You only have one chance to make a first impression!
- Read questions completely and answer all parts;
- If applying through a paper application, use your very best penmanship;
- Always use a blue or black pen or computer generate when possible;
- Remember your audience! Demonstrate maturity, gratitude, and worthiness.
A few items to keep in mind:
- Always make note of and return/mail by the deadline! Late applications are discarded!!
- If you’re eligible….APPLY! We have many scholarships that go unclaimed each year because students choose not to apply.
- If a transcript or letter of recommendation are required, please give the counselor or teacher plenty of notice that you will need these items. If possible, write down what characteristics the recommender is speaking about (example: leadership, academics, community service, work ethic, etc.)